The are 5 main underlying reasons for procrastination, and laziness isn’t one of them, despite what you, and others, may tell you. Not all the reasons are negative, and awareness, as always, is the first step to change. How many of these are showing up in your life right now?
- Fear and self-doubt This is common, showing up as a reflection of feelings of not being good enough, of others’ labels and fears for you, and Imposter Syndrome. Your inner bitch will be chewing your ear off until you become paralysed.
- Perceived lack of knowledge, skill and/or support. Your lack of self-confidence or esteem will be highlighting what you don’t know, rather than starting with your existing knowledge and skills, and working from there. You are allowed to learn along the way, to make and correct mistakes, to ask for help from experts and supporters.
- Values clash. Perhaps you’re not taking action because, honestly, it’s just not that important to you. It’s on your list because someone said it should be. Cross it off, or, if you know deep down it is actually important to achieving your goals, then shift your priorities, focus on the outcome, not simply the task to do.
- Disempowering unconscious blueprint™. This is your internal image programming your choices. If it’s considerably younger than your chronological age, or disempowering, then you’ll continue to struggle to move forward. Fortunately it can be updated quickly. (Refer “The Face Within: How to Change Your Unconscious Blueprint” by Sue Lester, available from growingcontent.com.au/shop-now and Amazon Kindle.)
- Timing. Sometimes the timing just isn’t right, and you need to allow the project to sit while you learn a new skill, talk with someone, percolate on ideas or perhaps simply get more sleep.
In this month’s Inner Connection mindset coaching group we’ll be discussing these and their solutions in more depth. I’ll also be guiding the groups through a deep level process to clear underlying self-doubts and fears. An open topic Q&A ends the 1.5 hour session.
Join us either Wednesday 12th July 12 noon – 1:30 p.m. or Thursday 13th July 6:30 – 8:00 p.m., live online video using Zoom, for your convenience. Here’s the link to join us http://www.growingcontent.com.au/join-us/
p.s. if you want a receipt for “Business Coaching” for tax purposes, just let me know.